Lighter, More Flexible, More Space Efficient and Safer
ROMULUS, MI (August 28, 2012) – A new line of Elastollan® TPUs (thermoplastic polyurethanes) manufactured by BASF and sold throughout North America by Alliance Polymers & Services LLC (APS) now offers a host of benefits for sheathing (coating) for flat cables needed for advanced automotive and other vehicular electronic systems.
Benefits of the advanced Elastollan 1154D-10 KFFC TPU which enable manufacturers to increase the number of wires using flat instead of round wire cables (to fit in tight spaces like headliners) include:
· Lighter than conventional round cables, take up less space
· More compact and more flexible in application
· Increased durability – external stress distributed evenly over a greater surface
· Kink, abrasion and chemical resistant
· Resists creasing enabling cabling to be used as hinged components in tailgates or door mirrors
· More cost effective in the long run – savings realized by reducing possibility of cable termination and increased efficiency in assembly operations
Rationale for the use of this grade of Elastollan TPU is the need by cable and vehicle manufacturers to increase the number of wires into cabling without adding weight or bulk by using flat instead of round cables. Confined areas such as headliners, side mirrors, seat, instrument panels or trunk lids are ideal applications for the new flat cables.
Alliance Polymers & Services LLC (APS) in Romulus, MI, is a full service warehousing, distribution, shipping and technical service organization dedicated to helping TPE, TPU and other elastomer marketers and processors with all their product and technical support needs. The firm currently markets and supports Polymax Maxelast® TPEs and BASF Elastollan® TPUs. APS is unique in that they offer elastomer materials in quantities large and small (from truckloads down to drums and bags). APS works with a series of independent technical agents located in key cities and markets throughout North America.For more information on the new Elastollan® TPU for flat cable sheathing used in automotive electronic systems, contact: Marketing Department, Alliance Polymers & Services LLC (APS), 30735 Cypress Road, Suite 400, Romulus, MI 48174. Tel: 734-710-6700. Fax: 734-710-6715. Web: www.apstpe.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org